Thursday, October 5, 2017

LINQ saved my day!


LINQ saved my day by writing my own OLEDB and OBDC driver for Managed Dbf, I'm in the process of learning, researching and studying how to build my own OLEDB like VFPOLEDB to support querying language until I read  Why LINQ beats SQL .

Now, I don't have to go through the lengthy process of creating my own Data Provider or to load any OBDC Driver or using any ADO/NET data connector for Managed Dbf  just to have a querying language to gather information, LINQ now can be use to query data in Managed Dbf  but it's still in early stage. I Quoted from LINQPad creator "LINQ is in most cases a significantly more productive querying language than SQL."

I wanted Managed Dbf to be free of any third party library or driver with only minimum set of .Net Assemblies, by using LINQ which is a major part .NET Framework since .NET 3.5 uses an SQL-like syntax to make a query expressions.

Managed Dbf using LINQ in action  :











XBase / Clipper / Visual FoxPro Equivalent Commands  :





No comments:

Post a Comment